Ran into this too cute idea online. It was presented at a Stampin' Up! training event. I NEED wide ribbon now. I have so far made four of these and just can't stop. He he! Check it out…this one uses no ribbon, I just don't have very much wide ribbon, but not for long…
I used the new Sweet Pea Paper Pad (you can get now as a demonstrator, or on Jan. 5th you can order from me…here.) and the new Sweet Pea Felt Accents too. Here is the how…
- 12 x 12 Designer Paper, score at 4 1/2 inches from two sides, and 2 1/2 inches from the other two sides, and fold inward.
- Tape (sticky strip is best) outside 4 1/2 inch flaps into center area.
- Create diagonal folds at intersections of the outside corners of the cross-folds.
- Creating the bottom of the purse.
- Create your top edge strips and handles.
- 2 inch wide strips, 2 for the top front and back edges.
- Score down the middle and 5/8 inch from each end.
- Use hole punch template and white jel pen to create faux stitching or you can even stitch it on a sewing machine if you like.
- Trim out one of the corner notches
- Create your handles using wide ribbon or strips of cardstock.
- If using ribbon, use 1/4 inch punch, 1 1/2" from the end of the top edge strips. (be sure not to count the extra 5/8 inch that will be folded in.)
- Thread the ribbon handle thru the 1/4 inch holes. Use sticky strip to secure.
- You could also use big eyelets if you like too.
- If using paper strips for handles, use little brads to secure.
- Use sticky strip to glue edge in place. BE SURE you put your handles in place BEFORE you glue your strips in place.
You could do SO much with this. Just alter and add embellishments as you desire. So fun! Here are some little details from mine.